This western seven shank tongue relief bit is a type of bit used in horse riding and training. It features a large, curved mouthpiece that is designed to provide relief to the horse's tongue, while also allowing for greater control over the horse's movements. The seven shanks of the bit provide leverage, allowing the rider to apply pressure to different parts of the horse's mouth, depending on the desired response.
This bit is commonly used in western riding, particularly in rodeo events such as calf roping, where precision and control are critical. It is important to note that the use of any bit should always be done with care and consideration for the horse's well-being, and under the guidance of an experienced trainer or instructor.
- Seven shank provides extra leverage
- Quite a bit of weight behind the mouthpiece, allowing a quick release from the rider's hands
- Mouthpiece has an ample amount of tongue relief
- Port mouthpiece
- Mouth: 5 in / stainless-steel
- Cheeks: 6 1/2 in / stainless-steel